top of page

Massage School FAQs

How is HSIMB Different from Other KY Programs?

The HighVibe School of Integrative Massage & Bodywork (HSIMB) is a 670-hour, boutique-style program designed to cultivate health and wellness professionals who are equipped to build a sustainable career in the field.


  • Develop an understanding of how to put trauma-informed care into real world action.

  • are immersed in a dual-focused core-content learning experience that includes Western AND Eastern therapeutic techniques

  • discover how to utilize a variety of allied modalities

  • learn how to operate from a whole-person, trauma-informed approach to patient/client care

  • discover how to build a sustainable career--from physical and mental self-care to building a business and financial planning

  • have an opportunity to work in our clinic, HighVibe Living, to fulfill their therapeutic practice hours

How do I enroll in the HSIMB Program?

1. Submit an online Enrollment Form 

What are the steps for professional licensure?

1. Complete an approved educational program.

2. Pass the Massage & Bodywork Licensing Exam (MBLEx).

3. Complete the application process with the KY Board of Licensure for Massage Therapy.

How much is tuition?

Total Tuition for our 670-hour program is $7,500 (or $5,900 with a Healership Award, which are awarded on a first come, first served basis while funds last). We partner with the HiGHV, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization offering Healership Grants to a limited number of students each term. Healership Grants awarded to students who complete the program do not have to be paid back.

Do I have to Study & Take Tests?            

Yes. And yes. If you want to successfully complete the HSIMB program, you must study. The number of study hours per week depends on the person--how you are as a learner, if you are using effective study methods . . . However, in general, expect to set aside approximately 8 hours of study time per week. 

Do you offer job placement?

HighVibe Healing Arts Academy offers a Career Support Program for qualifying graduates of HSIMB). While we make no guarantees of future employment, expressed or implied, we offer the following opportunities:

(1) inclusion in our alumni directory

(2) job referrals/leads 

(3) opportunities to self-promote at community events

(4) career development trainings

(5) special continuing education rates for select trainings 

Do students have to do a practicum?

Yes, students are required to do practice hours for each technique learned. A number of these hours must be completed in our clinic, allowing students to experience serving the public in a professional environment. Students are also required to do a total of 24 internship hours.

Am I allowed to pay/tip a Student Practitioner?

No. Students are not allowed to receive a fee, tip or other compensation for the massage and bodywork they perform while completing clinical requirements for graduation, whether or not the school charges a fee for services provided in a student clinic.

Do you offer continuing education courses for LMBT's?

We offer a variety of CE courses at our school. Some of these courses are taught by our instructors, and some are taught by visiting instructors. Online registration is available.

Can I transfer credits from a previous school?

The only credits that can be transferred to our program from another school is approved college-level Anatomy and Physiology courses. 

What happens if I can’t make it to every class?

We understand that that life is unpredictable, and unforeseen circumstances can sometimes through us off schedule. However, it is highly recommended to attend each class. You have the option to request to attend an "off path" class (i.e. if you are registered as an early path student, and you take a late path class) or to view a recorded class.

What is the amount of time I can expect to study

outside of class per week (for the in-class option)?

Because of the accelerated nature of The Accelerated Path (6 months), you should expect to set aside about 5-8 hours each week for reading, homework, studying, and practice. For those enrolled in The Extended Path (12 months), you should expect to set aside about 4-6 hrs each week for reading, homework, studying, and practice.

Are you Accredited?

We are a brand new private school and are conditionally approved by the Kentucky Department of Proprietary Education.

Do I need strong hands?

No, you do not need strong hands. We teach you not only the proper body mechanics when you are using your hands, but many different techniques to use other parts of your body to avoid hand injury and overuse.

Do I have to get naked?

During our Eastern modules, you are fully clothed while receiving a massage. We do ask for you to undress to your level of comfort during the Western modules. Your modesty will be maintained, as needed, for you to effectively learn and practice the work.

Where can I work as a massage therapist?

The options are limitless with Massage Therapy, including working in a wellness clinic, chiropractic office, physical therapy office, day spa, mobile context, your own private practice, and beyond.

bottom of page