top of page

Massage School FAQs

How is HSIMB Different from Other KY Programs?

The HighVibe School of Integrative Massage & Bodywork (HSIMB) is a 670-hour, boutique-style program designed to cultivate health and wellness professionals who are equipped to build a sustainable career in the field. We offer an accelerated 6-month path, as well as a 12-month path. Most importantly, our students:


  • HSIMB offers Service Learning Opportunities that includes a limited number or part-time positions for students to earn money that is applied toward their tuition expenses. Jobs may take place on/off campus. Students can apply after they have been accepted into the program and submitted their tuition deposit. Earnings are limited. Positions are not guaranteed.

  • are immersed in a dual-focused core-content learning experience that includes Western AND Eastern therapeutic techniques

  • discover how to utilize a variety of allied modalities

  • learn how to operate from a whole-person, trauma-informed approach to patient/client care

  • discover how to build a sustainable career--from physical and mental self-care to building a business and financial planning

  • have an opportunity to work in our clinic, HighVibe Living, to fulfill their therapeutic practice hours

How do I enroll in the HSIMB Program?

1. Submit Program Application.

2. Upon approval with Acceptance Letter, complete payment requirements.

Have questions? You're invited to review program details, request a call back from one of our staff members by texting your first & last name and the word "School") to 502.821.0305.

What if I apply to the program late?

Late Registration

Prospective students who apply, and are accepted, to the program within less than 30 days of the start of classes have some catching up to do, as deposit and downpayment submissions are still required in advance of the start of classes, and if the student requires a monthly payment plan for the balance, the first payment is still due of the first day of the month that classes begin (January 1 & July 1).

Pay, upon acceptance:

$2,250 (includes the required $500 minimum deposit + $1,750 minimum down payment)


the minimum monthly payment associated with the payment plan of your choice (see payment plans). 

What are the steps for professional licensure?

1. Complete an approved educational program.

2. Pass the Massage & Bodywork Licensing Exam (MBLEx).

3. Complete the application process with the KY Board of Licensure for Massage Therapy.

How much is tuition?

Tuition for our 670-hour program is $7,500. A non-refundable minimum deposit of $500 is required to register and hold your seat. Students who require a monthly payment plan must submit a minimum downpayment of $1,750 in advance of the first class. Students who withdraw from the program in advance of starting classes have 18 months to apply their deposit to their HSIMB tuition. Students who withdraw from the program before the start of classes and do not re-enroll and complete the program will forfeit the option to apply their deposit to the program (monies will be donated to a non-profit of the school's choice). Required books and therapeutic tools are an additional cost, but do not have to be purchased from the school.


Payment Plans & Assistantships

While we do not accept federal financial aid, we do offer Interest-free Payment Plans and Service Learning Assistantships. A tuition discount is available with full tuition pre-payment. 

Withdrawal from Program

Students have 30 days from the date of enrollment to withdraw from the program in writing and receive a full refund of tuition paid, less the $500 deposit. Students have 30 days from the start of classes to withdraw from the program in writing and receive a partial refund of tuition paid, less the $500 deposit, and less any tuition paid for classes that have commenced up until the point of withdrawing from program and any classes scheduled on the day of withdrawal.

Do I have to Study & Take Tests?            

Yes. And yes. If you want to be successfully in our program, you must study. The number of study hours per week depends on the person--how you are as a learner, if you are using effective study methods . . . However, in general, expect to set aside approximately 8 hours of study time per week. 

Do you offer job placement?

HighVibe Healing Arts Academy offers a Career Support Program for qualifying graduates of our HighVibe School Integrative Massage & Bodywork School (HSIMB). While we make no guarantee, expressed or implied, of future employment, we offer the following opportunities:

(1) inclusion in our alumni directory

(2) job referrals/leads 

(3) opportunities to self-promote at community events

(4) career development trainings

(5) special continuing education rates for select trainings 

Do students have to do a practicum?

Yes, students are required to do practice hours for each technique learned. A number of these hours must be completed in our clinic, allowing students to experience serving the public in a professional environment. Students are also required to do a total of 24 internship hours.

Am I allowed to pay/tip a Student Practitioner?

No. Students are not allowed to receive a fee, tip or other compensation for the massage and bodywork they perform while completing clinical requirements for graduation, whether or not the school charges a fee for services provided in a student clinic.

Do you offer continuing education courses for LMBT's?

We offer a variety of CE courses at our school. Some of these courses are taught by our instructors, and some are taught by visiting instructors. Online registration is available.

Can I transfer credits from a previous school?

The only credits that can be transferred to our program from another school is approved college-level Anatomy and Physiology courses. 

What happens if I can’t make it to every class?

We understand that that life is unpredictable, and unforeseen circumstances can sometimes through us off schedule. However, it is highly recommended to attend each class. You have the option to request to attend an "off path" class (i.e. if you are registered as an early path student, and you take a late path class) or to view a recorded class.

What is the amount of time I can expect to study

outside of class per week (for the in-class option)?

Because of the accelerated nature of The Accelerated Path (6 months), you should expect to set aside about 5-8 hours each week for reading, homework, studying, and practice. For those enrolled in The Extended Path (12 months), you should expect to set aside about 4-6 hrs each week for reading, homework, studying, and practice.

Are you Accredited?

We are a brand new private school. By August of 2022, before we launch our first term, we will be approved by the National Certification Board for Massage & Bodywork. 

Do I need strong hands?

No, you do not need strong hands. We teach you not only the proper body mechanics when you are using your hands, but many different techniques to use other parts of your body to avoid hand injury and overuse.

Do I have to get naked?

During our Eastern modules, you are fully clothed while receiving a massage. We do ask for you to undress to your level of comfort during the Western modules. Your modesty will be maintained, as needed, for you to effectively learn and practice the work.

Where can I work as a massage therapist?

The options are limitless with Massage Therapy, including working in a wellness clinic, chiropractic office, physical therapy office, day spa, mobile context, your own private practice, and beyond.

bottom of page